Application for Housing

What are the Qualifications?

To qualify for senior housing, you must be 62 years of age or older, or handicapped/disabled as defined by the Social Security Administration. To qualify for family housing there must be between two and four family members.

What are income limits for each property?

Income limits are different for each complex. If your income is over the specified limits listed below, you would not qualify for that location.

McKenzie House Seniors/Disabled Income Limits:

  • $29,400 for one person household
  • $33,600 for a two-person household

McKenzie House Families Income Limits:

  • $33,600 for a two-person household
  • $37,800 for a three-person household
  • $42,000 for a four-person household

Country Park Seniors/Disabled:

  • $46,000 for one person household
  • $52,600 for a two-person household

What is income, and what would my rent be?

Income includes but is not limited to any of the following:

  • Social Security Benefits
  • Supplement Security Income (SSI) Benefits
  • Pension distributions
  • Employment wages
  • Welfare income
  • Interest from any asset accounts

Your rent is based on 30% of your gross monthly household income minus an allowance for medical expenses.

Process of getting on the waiting list and how long would I have to wait?

  • Fill out an application completely
  • When application is received it will be date stamped and reviewed
  • If you seem to qualify and your application is complete your name is added to the wait list on the date your application was received
  • Confirmation Letter is mailed out with an estimated wait time
  • The waiting period varies between locations
  • You will be notified about a vacancy when your application moves to the top of the waiting list
  • If you are not ready to move at this time, you may remain on the list however, you name would go back to the bottom of the list

Can I tour the complex/apartment?

Yes, you may visit the complex. Unfortunately we do not show the apartments until one is vacant. If you know someone at the complex, perhaps they would be happy to have you visit them.

Are there community activities?

Yes, there are certain annual events such as a fall foliage outing, a summer boat trip, picnics and holiday dinners.

Are services available?

We do not provide any services such as provision of meals, nursing staff, cleaning or shopping services, or any type of personal care. Rather, an individual must be able to uphold the terms of our lease agreement and if they themselves cannot, they must demonstrate how they plan to uphold the terms of the lease prior to admission. No otherwise qualified individual with handicaps shall, solely by reason of the handicap, be excluded from the participation in or be denied the benefits of the program or be subject to discrimination.

The Owner/Manager will not refuse to make reasonable accommodations, which do not impose an undue hardship on the owner/manager, in rules, policies, practices or services, when such accommodations may be necessary to afford an individual with handicaps equal opportunity to use and enjoy a dwelling unit, including public and common use areas. We do not discriminate on the basis of handicapped status in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, our federally assisted programs and activities.


Country Park Apartments, McKenzie House, McKenzie House Families:

If you are interested in living at any of these locations, please download the application, fill out completely, sign it and mail it to us.


Other documents

O'Brien Brothers Agency Inc.

1855 Williston Road
 South Burlington, VT 05403

Phone: (802) 658-5000
Fax: (802) 658-5002

Email us